- Public Relations (PR)
- Travel Ambassador
Well, then I would be writing a whole different category of blogs for sure! These days students have access to resources and avenues that were unheard of a decade ago. Name any field of study, be it Medical, Engineering, or Arts is further segmented into 10’s if not 100’s of different subcategories. A student has no tools at his/her disposal to guide him to make the right choice for their future.
Career Counselling in the Education Industry:
Career Counselling in India has become a core part of the K-12 curricula. Many schools with IB, CIE, and ISC boards have Certified Counsellors on their payroll. Schools also conduct special counselling session for 10th & 12th graders. But by & large, most schools in India are not equipped to handle Career Counselling needs of their students presently. As mentioned in an India Today article:
“Recent reports indicate that the biggest concern for schools is the lack of career counselling cells that enable counsellors to guide students. Around 85% of students are concerned about which option to choose for higher education and 92% don’t get any career-related guidance from their schools.”
Here’s why Students need School Counsellors like You:
- Help students break the stereotype –10th & 12th grade is the most crucial time for every student. They need extra attention and advice to be an extraordinary student. Complete guidance about renowned colleges and current career choices will help them avoid settling for the stereotypical Engineering or MBBS courses. Students need more awareness about the trending career paths & which one to pick as per their desire and ability. when expert counselling helps them overcome these barriers. Therefore, students in India need the guidance of school counsellors today.
- A scarcity of Career Counsellors – Most countries all over the world follows Career Counselling practices at school. India is currently waking up to this reality. Millions of schools are in need of certified counsellors to conduct workshops for their students’ bright future. Lakhs of students appear for 10th and 12th board examination every year. There are thousands of parents & children who need the help and guidance of a professional Career Counsellor. Hence, there is an immense need for certified career counsellors in India to fit the requirement of schools as school counsellors.
- Career Counselling is a MUST in schools – CBSE has made it mandatory for schools to have a career counselling wing. There has been a high demand for Certified Career Counsellors ever since. But, there is still a scarcity of Professional Career Counsellors. Opportunity knocks!
- Traditional methods need an upgrade – There is immense scope and growth for Counsellors with the changing time & technology in the education industry. Traditional techniques of Counselling don’t work effectively on students today. There are modern-day techniques available to upgrade one’s skill set and add value to the career counselling profession.
- Need for Overseas Education Counsellors – Parents are always concerned about their child’s career choices. if some want to grab a seat in India’s top colleges, there are a set of students who want to study abroad. Most of these parents look for consultation from an Overseas Education Counsellor to guide them through the long process.
Therefore, Career Counselling for Students is the NEED of the hour in India. There is a demand for Certified Career Counsellors in India.
Global Career Counsellor Certification
- Education Psychology
- Career Planning
- Career Development
- School Counselling
To know about Career Counsellor Certification Course